Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Oh I See

If you are a corporate schmo like myself, you may have heard of this thing called a "flexible spending account" where you said aside a certain amount of money to be taken out of each paycheck to be used for non-covered medical expenses like co-pays. The catch is you have to spend whatever you set aside during that year, or whatever is left is forfeited. Last year I set aside $500 which was used up very quickly due to a serious lack of dental care during my unemployed and temp years. This year I put the same amount aside, but didn't have nearly that in medical bills. Or maybe I did but often I forgot to use my special card. I even got my emergency room visit in the mail the other day and at first glance it seems to be completely covered. Go figure! I'm sure it'll be adjusted soon and I'll end up owing something.

The solution to my problem is that I need to find some time this week or next to buy some fancy schmancy $300 glasses. Not a bad idea especially considering the pair I am using now are Navy issue. Yes, they are that old. I probably need some help figuring out what looks good and what doesn't though. It's too bad I don't know anyone who likes to go shopping.

6 Comments:

Blogger BRAE said...

Try going to Ware Family Eyecare in Round Rock - 238-6889. They are very good at helping you pick out what fits your face and looks best on you.

3:52 PM  
Blogger piannist said...

Wish I had known when we were visiting. Bridget is great at picking out frames!

4:10 PM  
Blogger Gagger said...

I suck at picking out frames...took me forever to decide on the pair I have. BUT, I have several friends who all got their kick-ass glasses at a place down on the Drag. If I could only remember the name of it....

4:25 PM  
Blogger Gagger said...

Just remembered. It's called Eclectic Eyewear!

4:27 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

I just my new eye exam and have to get frames. Let's go shopping on Sat...my gift vert is for Eyemart

seriously.

8:09 PM  
Blogger PlaysByEar said...

Thanks for the advice ladies! I think I will accompany Ms. $500-pair-of-shoes on Saturday and see what looks good!

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home