Thursday, November 24, 2005

Finger In My Ear

Well @#$! This morning I was supposed to kick start my non-existent exercise program by participating in the Thundercloud Subs Turkey Trot, a 5 mile race in town. Instead I got out of bed at 6 am and went to the nearest ER. My ear was killing me! My symptoms started a good week ago with some occasional sudden ear pain, but since Tuesday my left ear has become swollen and plugged up. I made an appointment to see the doctor but couldn't get in until next week. Obviously this morning I couldn't wait any longer. I feel a little dumb for going since the diagnosis is just a case of swimmer's ear, but oh well, better safe than sorry. So I left the ER this morning in the same amount of pain but with a prescription for acetic acid. Wait, did I just pay $10 co-pay (and whatever the ER visit will be... can't wait to see that) for a small bottle of vinegar?

I guess I couldn't have planned it any better; for whatever reason I decided not to make any plans for Thanksgiving, so no one is expecting me, and JT picked up my race packet for me yesterday. I've never skipped a race I had planned to do, am I allowed to wear the shirt?

Happy Thanksgiving.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rafael said...

Since you had a medical emergency, I'd say that yes, you can wear the shirt. Even if the diagnosis was for a really pussy thing.

8:01 AM  
Blogger Barbara said...

are you feeling better?

3:51 PM  
Blogger PlaysByEar said...

I am feeling better, thank you for asking. The pain is gone, but my ear hasn't quite returned to its normal size yet, and I'm still not hearing much out of it. I will probably be bitching about the whole experience in an entry soon.

4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home