Monday, April 18, 2005

Really, Where Are You?

Whoops, it's been a whole week! Let me look back on some old entries and provide an update:

You Are Here, Where Am I?
We took first place at trivia last Wednesday, which is a cool $100. And, we kicked ass, beating the second place team by 6 points with a score of 67/75. [Our highest ever score is 74 but that was a much closer game] Even better was that we did it with a team of only three, meaning a bigger share of winnings for each of us. We also had some help from a guy whose team didn't show up, but he didn't have any food/drink. I should mention that I'm still not up to speed on geography, though we had plenty of geography questions. What contintent Kilimanjaro is on was easy enough, as was what country's border with Chile is the longest. But the capital of Sicily? I didn't know that one but someone on the team did. And the capital of Malta? Woah, that's tough!

Solar Eclipse
Wouldn't you know it, I completely forgot about this by the time work was over. Not that I would've been able to really observe it anyway.

Trek 2
I went on a more grueling bike ride on Saturday, through some of the hills on the west part of town, near Austin's highest point (but not quite there). I surprisingly don't feel sore, and may eventually make that route part of my normal ride.

The "AC" that I spoke of was an April Fool's joke that got me. It was a supplement put out by the alternative weekly geared toward younger readers (21-25 I presume), and it concentrated heavily on shallow and irresponsible behavior. It was quite shocking until I figured out it was a joke. Since I didn't pick up the issue until several days after April 1, maybe I'm not quite as gullible as some of you were from my entries. (Hi Dad! Hi Mom!)

April Foolishness
We practiced with a drummer on Saturday night. It went pretty well, some songs we even got all the way through and closed up with a tight ending. That was the exception rather than the norm, but it was also expected as he didn't know any of the songs we played, and we are still way out of practice. But I think it will work out. I'm thinking I may need to buy some more powerful amp, it's been too frustrating trying to push both my keyboards and vocals through my little keyboard amp, while competing with guitar and drums.

1 Comments:

Blogger PlaysByEar said...

I will not immediately disqualify any song one of us knows all the words to, because that is the hard part.

2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home