Monday, April 11, 2005

Weekend Report

Friday night I headed down to my usual downtown bar, only what was different is that this time it was FULL of familiar faces, all paying tribute to our friend who recently passed away. He had started the Beer College (where one drinks 100 different beers, over the course of months or years, to graduate), but hadn't completed the task. We all went down to have his 37 remaining beers and his name will be displayed on the graduate plaque next week. I also ended up seeing the Dirty Dozen Brass Band that night. I bought an album of theirs a long time ago, probably 1988 or 1989, and it was cool to seem them live (finally).

Saturday night I volunteered for a fundraiser on behalf of the bar, who, along with Live Oak, provided a few kegs to a fundraiser for Primavera Montessori School. I had no idea who we were raising funds for at the time, but it's always fun pouring free beer for people. Don't expect to learn much from their website, it's full of empty links. I hope that's only a sign that they are concentrating their efforts on educating their students...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home