Friday, April 01, 2005

You'll Never Believe This

You may be aware that the Army has been having trouble meeting their recruitment goals. What I didn't realize is that the other branches are having trouble too, as I found out personally in a phone call this morning. As an officer I am always subject to be called back into service, and that's just what happened. I have two weeks to report to Naval Station Ingleside for physicals and subsequent assignment to a ship. They aren't completely sure where they're sending me, but there's a good chance it will be to USS Kingfisher, a minesweeper with a crew of approximately 50. We'll be deployed for half a year at least, and I'm probably going to have a miserable time, since I get somewhat seasick. A submarine would've been better for me, since once it dives below the surface the wave action goes away. Ugh, I never thought I'd be wishing I was on a submarine again...

4 Comments:

Blogger Me said...

April Fool's! I get it! You are hilarious...

5:41 PM  
Blogger PlaysByEar said...

Damn you're quick! My dad was at least fooled for several minutes. I guess I don't need that next entry anymore, which I designed to make it painfully obvious.

6:00 PM  
Blogger Me said...

Sorry to ruin the joke.

8:05 AM  
Blogger PlaysByEar said...

Nah you didn't ruin anything. I had actually posted it once, replied to it saying it was a joke, and then deleted it cause I thought it was kinda dumb. Then I thought "ah what the hell" and put it back. I think I was about to comment "April Fools" when I saw you had beat me to the punch!

2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home