Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Two Wheels Good

Finally. I got some use out of my Trek 520 last night. I bought this bike in 2001, with ambitions of riding it long distances, maybe even from coast to coast. Well, that plan never materialized but it’s still a great bike and I’ve got a lot of use out of it, though not so much recently. Half a year ago one of the screws fastening the rear rack fell out, which caused me to have to remove the rack which holds my essential gear. I haven’t used it since that happened because wearing a backpack full of stuff is quite annoying. Perhaps the last time I used it at all was to get to and from the ACL festival last fall. A couple of weeks ago I got around to taking it to the shop for a tune-up, cleaning, and new chain. And another screw for the rack, of course. Two nights ago I bought a new front and rear light so I could get around safely at dusk, and last night I put everything together and rode up to 45th street and back (also taking a rather long break at a favorite hangout downtown). It felt great. Next week will be even better with an extra hour of daylight after work.

This morning I drove my Yamaha V-Star 650 Custom to work for the first time since I was transferred to our main location east of Round Rock. There was no indication of fog in the forecast or at my house, but I was a little nervous getting here this morning as the fog got pretty thick once I left Austin. But, I made it here in one piece. I will make up for my bad experience this morning by enjoying the blue skies and bluebonnets as I take it to lunch in half an hour.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris Ash said...

"Ugh, I never thought I'd be wishing I was on a submarine again..."

Was it an April Fools?

1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home