Friday, February 11, 2005

Plants

Not quite the ballpoint pen entry you've been waiting for, but close. I own two houseplants. They may be the only plants I've owned since kindergarten when they send you home with plants in styrofoam cups for Mother's day, etc. They are certainly the only two plants I ever bought at a store. This was probably around the same time I bought furniture and a few things to decorate the walls with. I bought an Escher print, but not the one I really wanted. That still bugs me. So my plants have been through various periods of being alive and dead, but I thought this last one was the final nail in the, uh, pot. After a long period of neglect, I tried to revive them by leaving them outside for a long period of time where they enjoyed plenty of sun and plenty of rain. Unfortunately during this same time they experienced plenty of freezing weather and plenty of wind, which knocked one of them over. Nothing sprouted, so that revival was unsuccessful. They've been sitting on my bedroom floor with no sun and no water for several months now.

So I get up this morning and look at my two dead plants briefly and notice that one curled up leaf is emerging from the dry soil. What the...? They just won't stay dead.

1 Comments:

Blogger boney said...

Good post!

8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home