Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Permanently Deferred

We had a blood drive today at work this morning. Turnout was bad--late last week they were still trying to get volunteers, and when I signed up then the time slots weren't even close to half full. I was going to skip this one since I thought I might get deferred due to my recent illness, and that's exactly what happened. What I didn't expect is that they'd put me down as permanently deferred! It's actually not as serious as it sounds. When one is "temporarily deferred," it's due to some very temporary condition and one automatically becomes eligible again at their next visit. However, in this case, I am going to have to have my doctor send results of my blood tests showing I have healthy liver function. Even after that, I will not be eligible for six months past my recovery date. So, I have some hoops to jump through. I wonder if I can get the Blood Center to pay for my next blood test?

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris Ash said...

Hey, look at the bright side... now's the time to get that tattoo!

3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home