Saturday, January 15, 2005

Wireless Wing Entry

Wow, am I a big geek. I saw the sign outside the place, so I decided to bring my work laptop to the wing place so I could write an entry from here. I had a lot of trouble connecting and asked the waitress if anyone could help me out. Of course the answer was no, but eventually I got it connected--at least temporarily. Right now, I'm typing this into a text editor instead of a webpage because for whatever reason I've lost the connection. I'll have to post this from home anyway.

So, it appears that I'm catching up on my wing eating because I've been here twice this week. I've been neglecting the Monday visit entry, which I'll rectify now. Actually, I think I may have a couple of half finished entries from trips that never got posted. Sorry about that. I know there's at least one of you out there that enjoy these.

The song from Monday night was... well, I wasn't connected long enough tonight to figure it out. But it was from the 80's, and had lyrics like "I'm right on track, not gonna get you back." My reason for choosing this one is to talk about a unique ability I have. I am very good recognize chord progressions that have been used before. What that really means is that I'm able to tell people "that song sounds like that other song." It's fun when you're just talking about music, but when someone is trying to write a song and I tell them they are essentially rewriting a different song, they aren't so amused. Maybe they shouldn't be since I might be saving them a future lawsuit like George Harrison's "My Sweet Lord"/"He's So Fine." Oh right, the song--the chord progression is just like "Evil Woman" by ELO. Probably even the same key. But few would recognize the fact due to the different instrumentation.

They are playing 80's again tonight, and I might as well take care of tonight's entry while I'm here. Tonight my pick is "'65 Love Affiar" by Paul Davis. Like most of my picks, I've chosen it because it's a song you don't hear much, but I didn't have to connect to the internet to figure this one out. I have all of Paul Davis' hits as MP3's on my computer. I guess this is the point where I confess to really liking 70's and early 80's lite rock, and Paul Davis is a master with others like "Cool Night" and "I Go Crazy." "'65 Love Affair" is a little more uptempo, but still lite. I don't think I even hear a guitar in this one. Wait, I don't think I hear a guitar in any of his stuff.

I was a little annoyed that my wings didn't appear to have too much sauce on them, but maybe that's good as I'd probably have gunked up my work laptop computer with it.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home