Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Two years

That’s how long it takes to become a cold weather wimp. I moved down here at the end of 2002. Certainly what remained of winter 2002-03 was milder than what I was used to, so I had no complaints. Winter 2003-04 I had a “I’m tougher than you” attitude, and used the occasional cold weather to look down on the weak Texas natives. Also, I used the cold days to look back nostalgically at winters up north.

This past day we experienced the first mid-to-low 30s night. For the first time, I found it quite uncomfortable being outside for ANY length of time and was very annoyed that I had to defrost my car before going to work. I’ve acclimatized.

Now I remember I’ve left my houseplants outside for the last month or so. I wonder how they’re doing.

1 Comments:

Blogger boney said...

That means I have one year left to make fun of the LA cold weather wimps. I'm also wondering how long it takes to become a rainy weather wimp.

5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home