Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Wing Enz

It sounds like they're back to playing strictly 80's again. Is this good? Is this bad? I guess it doesn't matter, just as long as they continue to include the more obscure songs that I enjoy so much.

Its an easy pick this time since it was a song I meant to write about already. I heard it there a month or so ago, probably the week before I started making these entires. "I Got You" / Split Enz. Now the interesting thing about this group is that I don't know how to classify them. They certainly have the name of an 80's band. But, surprisingly enough, they had been around since the early 70's, and didn't last too long into the 80's. They're also from New Zealand and some of them went on to form Crowded House. Interesting. As for the song, its pop, its catchy, and has a few rhythmic tricks (half measures) which I enjoy. I have probably only heard it on the radio a handful of times since it came out in the early 80's, but now its in heavy rotation on my mp3 jukebox.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home