Tuesday, October 05, 2004

The Doggone Girl is Mine

I just got back from my favorite chicken wing place, which I visit about once a week. Despite what people will tell you, I have always gone there just for the wings. I am beginning to appreciate other things about the place, though.

There is always something about the music track they play there that surprises me. For awhile, I found solace in their oldies mix, now that BOB has taken over our one and only oldies station in town. The nice thing about that mix is that there would always be a few really good obscure oldies that I'd only hear on the radio once in a blue moon.

Lately they've been playing 80's, and what got me thinking tonight was hearing the worse of the two McCartney/Jackson collaborative songs, "The Girl is Mine." ("Say, Say, Say" was the better of the two) How the hell did these guys ever get together? I suppose I'm forgetting that twenty years ago MJ was the king of pop and Paul was trying to make a buck. This song is painful to listen to as the two drop into a spoken word trash talk about who this girl prefers. Like that would ever happen...

And I seem to always find myself writing blog entries in my head while I'm sitting there enjoying my wings. Something about the place inspires me, I guess. Only I rarely remember to do anything about it when I get home. This time I did, but I know I left several good thoughts there at the restaurant.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home