Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Cedar

I think I'm being affected by the cedar pollen. It's the right time of year. Thankfully, I'm not affected as bad as some people. My nostrils feel dry and I feel slightly feverish, but no scratchy throat or voice. As a bonus this year, my left ear feels swollen or clogged and I can't hear very well out of it (maybe it's an ear infection).

Monday night I picked up a growler of LJ's AJ Porter. This enabled me to fold and completely organize my clothes closets last night, and not remember doing much of it!

3 Comments:

Blogger Smut Mutt said...

Their porter used to be great, then it wasn't so good. How's it now?

1:44 PM  
Blogger PlaysByEar said...

Their new brewer, Todd, is better than their last. He's probably been there a year by now.

Their darker beers were always more consistent. I've always liked the Porter. It was the lighter beers they had "issues" with, IMO.

3:21 PM  
Blogger Smut Mutt said...

Agreed. Dark beers will always draw some faithful patrions but you'll always sell more light. When I think about how many gallons of LJ's I dumped every week when I was beermeister - sad memory...

They made some oatmeal stout once that was awesome. The hidden bonus was it'll make you produce enough methane farts the next day to heat a small town.

5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home