Thursday, December 11, 2008

First Night

I slept at the house for the first time last night. It was contingent on my getting the furnace working, which I'd never had running. We didn't test during the inspection because the inspector said it looked so old that I might prefer to get an expert in to look at it rather than have him bill me for more time. I lit the pilot and it worked fine, though I made sure to have a working CO detector next to me in case there were ventilation issues. This morning I realized I didn't fire up the water heater either, so I washed my hair in cold water, lit the pilot before leaving, and should have a hot shower tomorrow. It was great getting into my car 10 seconds after locking the door rather than the 30s or more I'm used to at the apartment. I'm getting to know Home Depot well as I've been there three times already to buy door locks, felt pads, fire extinguisher, CO detector, garage door opener, etc.

4 Comments:

Blogger Smut Mutt said...

Unless you were in a major hurry, if you'd have waited 20 minutes the gas water heater should have had you hot water.

1:36 PM  
Blogger PlaysByEar said...

I didn't realize it was off until after I took the "shower" and checked it out. The hot was actually a little bit warmer than the cold so I thought maybe it was just turned down. And yeah, I did have to get to work.

6:48 PM  
Blogger Outdoorgirl said...

You might as well get a HomeDepot credit card.

1) It is a good way to really track all the money you spend on home improvments. Which then you can prove for some tax write offs.

2) They give you some good discounts.

3) I know all the names of the people who work in the flooring, tiling and plumbing sections in HomeDepot. They will all be invited to my wedding. HAHAHHA

4) Youtube is awesome to learn how to do home improvement projects. That is what I used to rebuild my bathroom downstairs.

YA!

11:59 AM  
Blogger Pittchick said...

Congrats on the new house! There is always something to fix or repair. I think we go to Home Depot and Lowes every weekend!

5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home