Thursday, January 08, 2009

Stuff

I haven't made it down for more free week since Saturday, when I saw the Jungle Rockers and The Ugly Beats at Emo's. As planned, I took the bus down and back. The bus down was 15 minutes late, so I almost gave up. I was surprised I was only one of three passengers on the 2:10 bus back home, and the only one from 6th street. I thought this service would be more popular. I liked The Jungle Rockers. They were reminding me of CCR a little bit, and a few songs later they played a CCR cover. So I was right about that. Didn't get too wasted, but certainly enough to act like a fool in front of the Ugly Beats again. I stopped at LJ's on the way to the bus. Apparently Nurse Jen bumped her head and had to be taken to the hospital. I hope she's OK! She was on the phone to the bar at bar time so I think she'll be fine. There's been somewhat of an epidemic of people busting their heads open at LJ's. I may have to start wearing a helmet just to be safe. I'm proud of myself for finally picking up some earplugs, so hopefully that will cut down on the hearing damage a little. I may head down tonight.

Sunday I went to the hash for the second week in a row. It was similar to last week's and featured my favorite things: a bar, cold weather, and downtown. I got in another run this week, and will need to do more since I'm going to do the 3M half. My bpm rules completely fell apart during the moving/cleaning process. I may go back to something like it, but I did make it a bit too complicated.

The house is starting to shape up. I need at least one big rug to put in the main room, but I'm having some trouble deciding which half to put my music stuff in and which half to put couch/TV. I've segregated the moving mess to the two unused bedrooms so I don't have to look at it. The kitchen is almost sorted out. All of my storage unit crap fits in the garage and I can still fit my car and motorcycle. More space will open up in a few weeks since when we have bulk collection. The rogue wireless connection is gone now so I have to use work/bars for internet access for the next few weeks.

2 Comments:

Blogger babyG said...

I have a big rug that was in my livingroom and will not fit in the new place if you want it its yours.

12:41 PM  
Blogger PlaysByEar said...

Hmmm! Thanks for the offer! How big is it? What does it look like?

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home