Thursday, December 18, 2008

Still Moving

Ah, lack of updates. This week has been rough. So far this week everyday I have been going straight from work to moving the remainder of stuff from my apartment to my house. Last week on Tuesday I rented a U-haul and moved all the big stuff (in the snow no less), but still had a bunch of small stuff to go. I was away last weekend so a lot of the work had to wait 'til this week. I own a dolly but for some reason I decided it was too much of a PITA to use on the stairs and thus I've been carrying boxes down two flights of stairs one at a time. After three car trips per night this week, I finally finished that last night. Fortunately, I'm only moving two miles away so the drive isn't that long, but I've been goofing off enough in between trips that I've had to keep at it all night. I've cleaned most of the apartment kitchen except for the fridge, but still have the bathroom and carpets to go. I was supposed to be completely out today, but extended to Saturday. It'll be good to be done and back to my routine of hanging out at LJ's and watching TPIR. I'm not headed north for Christmas this year, but my family understands that I'd rather concentrate on using that vacation time to get things straightened up at the house.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jerri said...

Need my carpet cleaner?

3:58 PM  
Blogger PlaysByEar said...

You own one of those? Too bad I didn't read this earlier--I rented one on the way home from work!

11:52 PM  
Blogger Jerri said...

Yup, got a steam cleaner and a chemical cleaner... :-( I should've called. I suck.

12:00 AM  
Blogger PlaysByEar said...

Don't beat yourself up over it. You wouldn't have even known I needed one if I hadn't decide to post today.

12:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home