Monday, December 08, 2008

And Foreclosure Home Ownership

I don't know what happened, but after I posted that entry last Tuesday my luck finally changed. Bam! Wednesday they reported that the title was clear, and set today as the closing date. I didn't have to extend the contract, and HUD even ended up paying for more costs than we expected. Closing today was... strange... not just to me, but to my realtor as well, but, that's HUD for ya again. Also, we almost managed to flood the house this morning, but we were all lucky enough to be at the right place at the right time. I just got back from moving some stuff over and the place has somehow managed to not burn down, collapse, or otherwise cease to exist. I guess I own a home.

9 Comments:

Blogger Jerri said...

Congrats!!! My truck and meager muscles are at your disposal!

11:22 PM  
Blogger Outdoorgirl said...

Congratulations. I hope the experience didn't give you carpel tunnel LOL!!!

11:27 PM  
Blogger PlaysByEar said...

To anyone who sent good thoughts or prayed for me, thank you!

11:29 PM  
Blogger Denise said...

Good for you. I am happy for you. Yippee

7:19 AM  
Blogger Barbara said...

PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hehe kidding. Conngrats..now you can jam to your heart content at night!

8:47 AM  
Blogger piannist said...

Yay! Mom kept the secret well. Don't forget to email me your new address, there might be kid pics headed your way.

9:59 AM  
Blogger Smut Mutt said...

Glad it worked out for you. Real estate is usually a pretty solid investment.

12:51 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Very excited for you!!!!!!!

2:59 PM  
Blogger Jessi said...

Post some pics!!!!

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home