Thursday, November 06, 2008

Continued

Last week was pretty uneventful. I voted Friday evening, but felt kinda crappy so didn't go out Halloween night. I don't remember anything else of consequence that week. But, I still haven't finished blogging about the prior weekend. I left off taking a nap Saturday afternoon after a long band practice. It wasn't easy to motivate to do anything that night, and I wasn't entirely excited about it, but I did have a ticket for Ben Folds at Stubb's so I managed to get down there before he started. I did miss the opening act, though. I haven't bought his latest album, and maybe not even his last, so I didn't know any of his new stuff. I didn't get into any of it that much. I haven't liked hardly any of his stuff since the Rockin' the Suburbs album. Not like Weezer I guess. My wait was rewarded, however, as he brought out a lot of old stuff after the break. Kate, Philosophy, Underground, Fair (with very "Obama" sounding b/u vocals), RTS, Z&S, Annie Waits, the reprise of audience vocals ala Ben Folds Live on Army & Not the Same, etc. Also he gave me an idea for a quick halloween costume that I wore to the hash the next day (see below). Two other hashers that I just met that day actually made the connection of the costume to the show, as they also went.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home