Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Uptown 10K

Last week was exhausting and I think I'm still paying for it. It started off Sunday the 19th with the IBM Uptown Classic 10K. In a previous entry I mentioned that I might have been stupid to stay out late the night before, but apparently that is the right thing to do because I set a PR of 52:43 (8:29/M), with a negative split 27:33 (8:50)/ 25:09 (8:04). The course was easier and the weather nicer than the Capitol 10Ks I'd done. The IBM-worker band was amusing to watch, which was probably full of talented musicians, but the bass player kept on speeding up and obviously wasn't listening to anything but himself. The whole band didn't sound together at all because of it. I amused myself imagining that the bass player must be some higher level management type that the rest of the band couldn't criticize or they'd risk getting fired. I figured I'd take a nap but I managed to stay up all day doin' useful stuff that I don't remember after so long.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris Ash said...

Bass players are always upper-management types. At least compared to the rest of the rhythm section...

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home