Sunday, November 02, 2008

Catching Up

I'm still blogging about events two weeks ago. I stayed home sick the day following the Weezer show--partially cause I stayed out too late but also because I knew was developing a sore throat/flu/cold thing and it felt really bad Tuesday morning. I did actually work a bit from home, though. Wednesday and Thursday I spent freaking out about the upcoming practice on Saturday. We hadn't gotten together for quite a while due to our bass player's new crappy work schedule. We've all been supposedly practicing on our own but I am really losing interest in playing covers. I fear I may not last much longer.

That Friday was the Burnet Road Challenge! It was the fourth year, and ever since I showed up a little late to the first one and ended up with an XL shirt, I spend all day freaking out about getting there in time for the right shirt. No problem this time, though I don't think I'm sold on the wicking shirts. They're not quite as comfortable as regular cotton and they stink BAD after you've ran in them. I was in awesome running shape for this one, so I ran the whole way. Technically I DNFed since I didn't have two beers per stop after the first three stops, but I didn't care--I had to be in some sort of shape the next morning for practice.

The next morning I really exhausted myself. I rode my bicycle from home back to the BRC start to get my car, then had to load/unload the keys/guitar/amp/stand from my apt (four trips down two flights of stairs) before practice at 10am. I was dead by the time practice was done, and didn't play very well. I needed a nap and took a long one that evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home