Thursday, October 09, 2008

Triple Play

This was one of those days where I have to wonder whether or not the world just might revolve around me. I'll skip the work related stuff (which also revolved around me) and head to the evening. After my 20 min run I headed down to Stubbs. I didn't expect to post about the PUSA show at all, but it was so much more entertaining than I expected that I'll most likely post more details about it tomorrow. I bought the ticket on a hunch, and not only was I not disappointed, but everyone who reads my blog in Austin should regret missing this show. This is play #1.

Play #2 happened when I decided to go to LJ's for a wind down beer. A recognizable face showed up after I was seated at the bar. I couldn't be sure until after he left, but he is a host of the late night talk show on ABC. For once, he looked just like he did on TV, not any shorter or smaller, etc. He stayed at LJ's for a long time and wasn't hounded like he might have been elsewhere. I'm sure he enjoyed his stay because of that. On the one hand I wish I would've talked to him (and gave him sh@t for not being all that funny), but on the other hand I'm glad I behaved my normal Austiny self.

Play #3 happened at Kebablicious. I ran into someone in full "The Onion" garb and had to strike up a conversation. It turns out he is the manager of the Austin edition and talks to AW on an almost daily basis. He is going to fax my name and info to AW tomorrow, and who knows what reaction he'l have after that! I gave the guy all my info and got his 608 cell number too. I can't help but think that there is more 608-512 melding to be done. Maybe I can turn this connection into a part-time music reviewing gig? Because I know what I like and other people should like too!

Even though I ran 2+ miles today, I am completely out of beer now--so it may just be a 10K tomorrow. G'nite!

3 Comments:

Blogger Barbara said...

Well at least somebody was having a good day!

7:47 AM  
Blogger Jerri said...

You said normal and Austiny self in the same sentence. Heh heh.

8:53 AM  
Blogger JT said...

URND

8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home