Monday, September 01, 2008

Shows

This weekend went quickly. Friday and Saturday were fairly uneventful, while yesterday I ran the Human Race 10K and watched Ben Harper perform in front of the Capitol. LJ's DJ put on some great soul music last night, so I hung around there for awhile last night too.

Our next scheduled gig is opening for Bob Schneider in November, which means I'll have plenty of time to practice. Our four day fair gig starts on Friday, which means that this week is a three day work week and so is next week.

September/October I'll be partying like it's 2005, with Foo Fighters headlining ACL fest and Weezer coming to the Frank Erwin Center. The Weezer/FF concert in 2005 was the best concert I've been to, with the possible exception of Ben Folds Five in 1999. Ben Folds is also coming to Stubb's in October, so I'll probably see what he's been up to as well.

3 Comments:

Blogger piannist said...

You just can't beat the 1999 Ben Folds Five concert.
And hey - a conversation with Ben Folds to boot - come on!

1:39 PM  
Blogger Buzz said...

Ben Harper? Man did I ever have a Ben Harper phase. Really dig his stuff.

FF and Weezer too? Lucky. That's all, lucky.

And Trojan is seeing the Toadies this week. Color me envious.

2:24 PM  
Blogger brownie said...

Ben Folds sucks ass!

3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home