Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Two Gigs, Two Days

For the first time ever, I think, I have a gig on Friday and Saturday this week. The one on Friday is actually within the city limits. I hadn't really thought about telling anyone about them. Maybe after seeing all this real, original music lately it feels more embarrassing being in a cover band. But, I am definitely improving on guitar, so it is still plenty worthwhile for me. Even better, we have a new drummer who is ten times better than our old one. We never would've fired the old one except that he was unwilling to work with us on (or even discuss) song problems that happened over and over again, some for the last FIVE years, apparently. But all's well that ends well, and it has ended well for us. We are already so much tighter, and it looks like our embarrassing live moments are a thing of the past.

My live music addiction has me planning ahead. Since I'll be occupied Friday and Saturday, and flying to CA on Sunday, I will have to see something on Wednesday or Thursday. Even though I just saw them, I might see the Ugly Beats again tomorrow.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Gagger said...

So no TXIH for you I see?

10:53 AM  
Blogger PlaysByEar said...

Nope, I've never stayed a night at TXIH. Coincidentally enough, my former band played TXIH '03 and we were all comped rego's. However, we did not camp.

11:06 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Speaking as a bar band veteran, I think it's premature to assume your embarrassing live moments are over. I don't think they ever end. Shit, look at the frickin' Police. All world-class musicians, and yet they make mistakes all the time.

On that note, I think the more people you have on stage, the less likely that mistakes will be noticed. Hence, jam bands.

9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home