Tuesday, March 11, 2008

TPIR

I started TiVo'ing The Price is Right several years ago, but I stopped watching when it was announced that Bob Barker was retiring and I realized that I was never going to get to be in his studio audience. I made an attempt 5-10 years ago, but on that day the tapings were canceled due to Bob having heart trouble. Not wanting to think about it, I stopped watching. When Drew Carey started as Bob's replacement several months ago, I watched one show and thought he did OK. A couple of weeks ago I started watching on a regular basis again, and I'm comfortable with Drew as the host now. Watching contestants win can still bring me to tears, so I suppose the host wasn't the most important factor of the show for me. That means I may make an attempt to get in the studio audience again, though I will have to come up with a new strategy for being picked to "come on down" as my old strategy relied on Bob being host.

4 Comments:

Blogger Barbara said...

It will never be the same:(

8:23 AM  
Blogger PlaysByEar said...

It won't be the same, but it's still cool. Seeing someone else host makes me realize there were a couple things that bugged me about Bob--mostly how he would occasionally get annoyed and impatient when a contestant played the game poorly. Drew is still learning the games himself so he can't get annoyed by this yet.

12:21 PM  
Blogger Pittchick said...

At least the show is still on. I love the showcasse showdown!

8:36 PM  
Blogger Rafael said...

What was the old strategy for getting called down?

4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home