Sunday, February 24, 2008

Black Lips

I had a great time at Emo's on Saturday. For once I went with friends, and that means that I expect pictures will be posted somewhere! After dinner with Trojan, @G CWW and I went down to Emo's and saw three bands. The first one, The Strange Boys, I remember liking and we only saw the last few songs of their set. The second, White Denim, I remember getting bored with, and we also only saw a few of their songs. The last band, Black Lips, kicked ass--the crowd was so into it that it didn't really matter how they sounded, but they were energetic and the music was fast and loud. Everyone was moving around, moshing, crowd surfing, etc. which was so nice to see after being to so many shows where everyone just stands there. I haven't been in this sort of crowd regularly since I lived in Jacksonville ten years ago. So I felt ten years younger for part of the night.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Gagger said...

Loaded pics earlier tonight, but didnt feel like blogging. Didnt take that many, but I will post on Tuesday!

I had a blast!!!!!

12:29 AM  
Blogger PlaysByEar said...

@G posted about this, and has some pics. Go here if you want to see how short I am.

7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home