Saturday, March 08, 2008

Two Shows

Not much to write about since I haven't been taking notes and everything kinda blurs together.

Sunday I went to Built to Spill and Meat Puppets at Stubb's. I guess I am really getting used to the smaller clubs because outdoor Stubb's is starting to feel too large to me. While I had fun, I wish now I had been closer to the stage, where people are really getting into the music. I can't think of much to write other than they both sounded great, but it wasn't super interesting. One different yet very annoying thing was BTS' encore. It took forever and it was really starting to piss me off. I think their drummer might have been feeling the same way since he appeared to be tearing down his drumset before they were done! Meat Puppets didn't play Backwater (I'm sure they're sick of it) but I did recognize a few others, including their latest single.

Last night was What Made Milwaukee Famous, the Lemurs, The Story Of, among others. Again not much to say as I didn't take notes as my mind was distracted. I did notice one of the bands used a xylophone which was a pleasant surprise. Also, that particular xylophone/keyboard player was smiling the entire time. He was having a great time. I really like WMMF's new song Sultan, which has a driving triplet beat, and the melody/harmony really sounds great. I have a question for @G to comment on/pass on to TSO. Was the "12345" vocal part on their pre-recorded track? They can't do that if that's the only vocals going on at the time! I'm looking around for whoever is singing it and no one is! Why can't they sing it live? Or did I miss something? Also I meant to ask them about their videos--maybe next time.

So I was distracted last night cause I ran into the girl I was going to ask out, but she was on a date. We had a very short conversation (really hard for me to understand anything when loud bands are playing) and of course the rest of the night was spent wondering what I should have or shouldn't have said, or if I came across rude, etc. I suppose I should be happy I'm emotionally still at a high school level. That means I'm still feeling young, right?

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Gagger said...

One of the GFs sang that part on the album, so I'm assuming they have it saved in the keyboard for live shows.

8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home