Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Monday Music

Alright! After meaning to go see live music on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night, I finally did last night. I went to the Hole in the Wall and saw almost three sets by three bands (I missed much of the first band). This show was on the Chronicle's recommended list and the description was interesting enough. The Hole in the Wall is by campus and that's an area of town I don't hang out in much. It was cool to be somewhere different.

The first trio (bass guitar drums), Basic, was really together. The first thing I thought was how I wished I was in a band that sounded that tight. The second trio (bass guitar drums again), Cavedweller, was a little looser but the lead singer was a bit more animated. The last band, The Hunnies, had potential to be more interesting as it had two chick singers and was a four piece (add a huge Roland keyboard). Their vocals were a little off and a little weak but still enjoyable. Also, everyone but the drummer changed instruments throughout the set which was cool. All of the music by all of the bands was fairly simple but catchy enough that I really liked it.

I am really getting used to seeing new bands and am not getting bored like I have in the past. I'll continue to see a lot of unknown bands this year.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home