Wednesday, January 23, 2008

High Action

I had a one-on-one session with my lead guitarist tonight which went really well. We need to do this more often. We tweaked the effects on my keyboard that I play the guitar through. It turns out the tube amp distortion setting sounds a bit better than the stack distortion I had set up. Also, it should have been a no-brainer to add a noise gate but we didn't think of it til we sat down and looked through what was available. Hopefully my guitar will sound a lot better now.

Also we noticed that the action on my guitar is set really high, "higher than his and he likes his a little high" he said. I remember I raised the action twelve or so years ago because the strings were buzzing on the frets, but I didn't really know what I was doing. I'm going to get my guitar tuned up by someone who knows what they're doing now, because our I discovered last night that our lead guitarist's guitar was much easier to play. Unfortunately I probably won't get this done before our gig on Monday, but it's good to know that my bad guitar playing might not all be my fingers' fault.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home