Saturday, January 19, 2008

Running Away

Today after my usual migas and sometimes haircut, I went for a run, which I also do sometimes on Saturday. What was different was that I didn't drive down to Zilker and instead started where I parked for the haircut in west campus. I ran down to Zilker, then ran through downtown to LJ's where I haven't been in almost a month, I think. A girl showed some interest in me and we talked a bit. She was alright looking. A word of advice to this chick--if you're going to hit on someone, and especially if you're going to go on about the guy you met at the last bar and were supposed to meet later but will dump in favor of someone better looking (like me, presumedly), PLEASE have the courtesy to address your speech impediment early in the conversation. If you didn't know you had one (which I find hard to believe), you should've gotten the hint after I had to ask you to repeat yourself a billion times. You might be a fairly normal person and we might have had a fairly normal conversation if you provided any sort of explanation, but you didn't, so I just felt weird the whole time. I guess this is what I get for blogging about my favorite BTO song.

3 Comments:

Blogger piannist said...

Hey, cut her some slack! It's hard enough to approach a guy. I can't imagine how hard it would be to put yourself out there with a speach impedement. Maybe an unspoken understanding during the initial meeting wouldn't be too much to ask?
Signed, Insecure Girl with Lazy Eye

9:53 PM  
Blogger PlaysByEar said...

Believe me it wasn't hard at all for her. Hmm.. maybe her impediment was just due to being very drunk.

5:52 AM  
Blogger Rafael said...

Well, you could've easily shut her up by putting something in her mouth

11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home