Wednesday, March 28, 2007

10K

I didn't set a goal for the 10K on Sunday, but I am still pleased with how I did. I'm more relieved that I didn't have any problems during or after the race. The week before I went to Santa Clara, I ran 10K around Town Lake a few times and experienced some of my old problems: strained calves, right foot falling asleep, shin splints. I had none of those problems on Sunday or since, so that's good. I ran it in 1:01:17 which is 1:17 slower than what would have been my goal had I set it, but considering the crowd, the horrible humidity, and the hills I wasn't used to, I have no problem with the time. And I beat my supervisor. Of course I ran the first half too quickly which caused me to have to walk a bit of the second half. But I ran the last mile strong. If I can keep myself training I should have no problem meeting 1 hour next time.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Barbara said...

But did you sprint the last bit of the last mile?

haha..Good job!

8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home