Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Three Years

As of today I've been at my current job for three years. (I was a temp for a good half a year before that, but that doesn't count) The big significance of this is that I am now fully vested in the company's retirement plan, which is a huge chunk of change. Yay.

I've really been looking forward to this date because I wanted to make sure I lasted this long for that $$$. I think a lot about how screwed up things are and wonder how much longer I can last. The past few days have been particularly bad, and I've found myself daydreaming about what it would be like to not have a job for awhile. That's not a good sign!

I enjoy what we're working on but I can't seem to see eye-to-eye with a few key people I work with. I keep reminding myself that no job is perfect and that every job is going to have things you don't like. I also told myself that after the three year point I would start behaving a little differently. I've been trying to keep quiet and be agreeable on a lot of things because I didn't want to make waves and potentially endanger my position so close to the three year point. Now that I'm there I think I'm going to have to speak up and argue more, or I'm not going to get the job satisfaction I need to stay.

3 Comments:

Blogger dayoldfish said...

Rock the boat

12:34 PM  
Blogger mike said...

Nothing can make you feel as empowered as the attitude "I really don't have as much to lose anymore."

That is a good thing, BTW, because it can put you in a position to make a difference.

8:13 PM  
Blogger Jerri said...

You're quiet? No way!

Good for you!!! On both counts!

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home