Saturday, March 17, 2007

Sports

Warning: boring running paragraph next. I bought that Forerunner 305 last summer, and I correctly predicted it was an act of desparation--soon afterwards I stopped running. But I have been running off and on the last several months, including that half-marathon, and my last week has been a good effort. A 10K on Monday and a 10K on Wednesday. I meant to do a 10K yesterday but I think I hurt myself a bit on Wednesday; I may have set my workout time a little too aggressively. Well at least I've finally figured out how to use the Forerunner correctly... keep the workout simple. I've been trying to figure out what I should shoot for at the Capitol 10K a week from tomorrow. I'm certainly not fast at the moment , and I'm thinking a 10 minute mile might be alright, or an hour 10K. With the race being so large though, I wonder if I should factor in all the people I'll have to maneuver around.

I've been watching a lot of the tournament, and it's been great. I almost want to buy a basketball and take some shots on the sport court 20 yards from my apartment. Watching has been good enough for now. VCU's upset over Duke. Today, Vandy in OT, and Ohio State coming sooo close to blowing it. A close A&M game. Pitt choked on the last second freethrows but came back in OT. Argh.. A&M and Pitt were both supposed to lose this round! As for my team, thankfully I was busy working yesterday and it wasn't until the second half that I realized what poor shape they were in. But they came back so I'll get to watch the game with my Dad tomorrow. I'm going to make him watch the whole thing, which he never does cause he gets too nervous. Oh yeah I'm flying to California tomorrow and coming back on Friday for work. First real work trip in my three years with the company. I'll pack my running shoes.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger brownie said...

Too many people to run anything decent at the Cap 10K, just do it as a decent workout.

Can't believe you doubted Pitt!

8:34 AM  
Blogger brownie said...

Hell yeah, how 'bout them badgers!

5:48 PM  
Blogger PlaysByEar said...

Thanks for the 10K advice. I haven't done that one before so I have no idea what to expect.

Wisconsin had to make it painful by coming back during the second period and then falling behind again. At least I won't be the only sad person in Austin with Texas losing even worse.

10:07 AM  
Blogger Gagger said...

Damn those Badgers! They were supposed to make it to the Elite 8 in my bracket!

8:55 PM  
Blogger dayoldfish said...

hey if you ever want to shoot baskets, I am always up for it, have an indoor court at my complex.

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home