Sunday, October 29, 2006

Ben Folds

I bought a ticket to see Ben Folds at Stubb's on Friday. I'll have to miss the Mad Cowboys, but oh well. Maybe I will stop by and catch a song or two before moving on downtown. I started listening to Ben Folds in 1997, when they were playing "Battle of Who Could Care Less" on the radio when I lived in Georgia. I'm not sure if that came out before or after his mega-hit "Brick," but it doesn't matter cause every real Ben Folds fan hates that song and he hates to play it too. I don't think I've seen him play since his Ben Folds Live tour in 2001 or 2002, so it's been too long!

5 Comments:

Blogger mike said...

I went to see Gary Jules several years ago. His cover of Mad World is the same. He obviously hated playing it.

He hated playing the very song that made him. Or that brought him to attention.

Dues suck.

9:22 PM  
Blogger dayoldfish said...

"battle of who could care less," was released before "Brick." I started liking them during the battle period, something about Give me my money back, you bitch

11:30 AM  
Blogger PlaysByEar said...

and don't forget to give me back my black T-shirt!!!

12:21 PM  
Blogger Jes said...

Oh, how I love Ben Folds!! If you have a chance, can you please ask him to marry me??? And then he can serenade me with "The Luckiest" at our wedding...

4:11 AM  
Blogger Gagger said...

I'm cracking up at the Chris Cole reference. Maybe it's b/c I ran across that movie on Sunday and watched the last half again. There's just something about Marky Mark!

3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home