Saturday, May 13, 2006

I Won the Hot to Trot 5K

Not the race but a door prize ($25 gift certificate to Run-Tex). As far as the race goes, I'm satisfied. I didn't get to bed 'til 3 last night because I had a gig, so even getting to the race itself was a challenge this morning. As it was the first race I've ran in I don't know how long, all I really cared about was not stopping. I got very slow at times but I did meet this goal. Once I saw my mile split of around 10:30 however I realized I was gonna be pissed if I didn't finish under 30 minutes, which would've only happened if I stopped running. This is because the first mile was all uphill and the last two were downhill, and dodging the slower runners the first mile. I finished at 28:06, a 9 minute mile pace. It was harder than I thought it would be. I need to start running longer and slower on my regular runs.

I ate and crashed for a nap when I got home. I guess the nap turned into something longer, like the second half of a normal night's sleep. Because now it is 9 PM and I am slowly waking up. I had planned on going to a birthday party tonight but am not really feeling up to it so I think I'll just chill at home.

6 Comments:

Blogger brownie said...

Congrats on the race. Did they have the Elvis mariachi band this year?

11:34 PM  
Blogger brownie said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:34 PM  
Blogger dayoldfish said...

well it must have not been to hard on you, you were running pretty well yesterday

10:14 AM  
Blogger PlaysByEar said...

Yeah I really felt great yesterday, which I was a little surprised by. If not for a few wrong turns there was potential to be FRB, and being in front really makes me want to run harder.

I know--it's not a race!

There was no Elvis mariachi band on Saturday, just fat Elvis singing Elvis karaoke.

12:01 PM  
Blogger babyG said...

good job !

11:57 AM  
Blogger Spotty said...

I need to come to town to do a 5K...are there any that start after noon? I'm lazy...

4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home