Thursday, May 04, 2006

Finally Getting Serious?

Okay, last week I bought some real $100 running shoes. I'm still running consistently. I made myself take a day off yesterday because my left calf was feeling strained, but I still felt bad that I took a day off. So maybe the addiction is finally taking hold. I'm also thinking of finally signing up for a race. I don't know why, but 5K seems too short... it shouldn't since I can't even get myself to run 5K without stopping yet. So 5K is probably appropriate. Chuy's Hot to Trot 5K is Saturday, May 13. Is anyone else interested?

6 Comments:

Blogger Pittchick said...

I like 5Ks, not too long and usually a free t-shirt. I'm off to get new shoes this weekend, also.

10:14 AM  
Blogger brownie said...

Chuy's is a good, hash acceptable, fun time. Not near the drunkfest that the Keep Austin Weird is, but still worth doing.

1:38 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

I'd love to go but I have an insurance thingy that morning:(

3:48 PM  
Blogger Gagger said...

I might be out of town that weekend, but if not I'm interested. Of course, you will blow right by my slow arse!

8:58 AM  
Blogger Denial Queen said...

I will most likely do it again...

9:14 AM  
Blogger brownie said...

By the way, what shoes did you buy? Don't listen to shoe people, a $100 pair of sneaks should last you at least an entire year.

10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home