Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Morning Run

A lot of talk on the blogosphere recently about working out in the morning.  I haven't been able to do it yet, but I do think I'm getting closer!  I've been going to bed earlier, and waking up earlier.  Do you ever come out of sleep instantly awake?  Yesterday I woke at 4:30 and felt totally awake, this morning it happened at 6:00.  Even though I was completely awake, I lied in bed and fought to get back to sleep both times.  Then I woke as usual at 6:45, hit the snooze a couple of times, and felt really tired.  I thought briefly yesterday about going for a run at 4:30, but decided it was too early.  Today I work up at the perfect time but still couldn't quite do it.  At least I decided to plan a run today.  Since I'm working near the airport and have plans for trivia downtown, I packed up my running gear and will hopefully get to Zilker after work today.  Maybe that's all I need to do is bring clothes with me and always go for a run right after work.  Going home to change just takes more time and makes it more tempting to chicken out.

2 Comments:

Blogger Barbara said...

Well i feel your pain my friend...the ONLY reason I made it to the gym this morning was Chief WW...otherwise I'd still be making love to my comfy bed.

My the Schwartz be with you!

8:15 PM  
Blogger Gagger said...

Morning runs suck! All I do is yawn the entire time.

12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home