Friday, January 06, 2006

Final Audition I Hope

Yep, I got called back for a second audition last night.  I was glad that this time it didn't consist of playing the same songs as last week, instead they dusted off some tunes they hadn't played in awhile, and attempted a new song.  As I had no prior knowledge of playing any of these, hopefully it demonstrated my ability to pick up things quickly.  I need to find a tactful way to convey my blog username, as they kept on trying to put chord printouts in front of me for songs I hadn't practiced yet.  No thanks, don't need 'em!  I don't trust the chord sheets you find on the Internet anyway, most of them have mistakes.  The audition was twice as long as my first one, because the other guy they are considering could not make it last night.  The bad news is that they are going to have him over at their next practice, which means that I'm going to have to wait yet another week to find out if I'm in or not.  And then they have a gig the weekend after that, not a lot of time to get up to speed.  I think I may pick up a laptop this weekend to use as an auxiliary display for the keyboard.  I'm trying to decide whether I should go with a new or used one.

6 Comments:

Blogger dayoldfish said...

if it is just for an auxillary display, go for a used one. Unless you need the processor while on stage

11:55 AM  
Blogger dayoldfish said...

good luck by the way. Brownie sucks

11:56 AM  
Blogger Gagger said...

Just don't get it at Best Buy....they suck!

12:51 PM  
Blogger brownie said...

I hope you get into a band soon so I can make fun of how much they suck!

1:52 PM  
Blogger Rafael said...

Brownie rules

5:05 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Good luck man....break a string?

8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home