Friday, August 12, 2005

Thinking About Cars Again

I heard a commercial for this on the radio last night. Did you know that you can rent tires, wheels, and rims now? Thank God this gap in the rent-to-own market has been filled.

While I'm thinking about cars, I noticed an interesting graphic showing gas production over the last century and its projection for the next fifty years. Not surprisingly, peak gas production is occuring around now according to the graphic. The article makes the believable point that gas producers will probably do everything in their power to overstate their production to delay the consequences of its inevitable decline. When exactly the gas peak is doesn't matter so much to me, but I have no doubt it will happen within my lifetime, which got me thinking something I hadn't considered before--since we are living right in the middle of the gasoline era, maybe I should have been trading my car in every couple of years (as opposed to keeping the same car for ten years), just so I could enjoy our temporary driving lifestyle to its fullest?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home