Monday, July 25, 2005

Stay Afloat

So it seems that the past couple of months I've been struggling just to stay afloat. I get to the weekend and immediately start off several steps behind and have to work the whole weekend just to catch up. Yeah, most of these weekends have been vehicle related, but I thought this weekend I might finally get some relief. I did, from the vehicles themselves, but then I remembered that there's something else I needed to take care of. This weekend's time was spent dealing with a speeding ticket, for which I needed to take a defensive driving course. Since I've waited til near the deadline, the online course was my only option. Just to make things more difficult for me, last Thursday, out of a desire to get some web streaming radio station working, I uninstalled Service Pack 2. The radio was fixed and worked, as well as every other networked application, *except* for *all* web browsers. That's somewhat essential to my online course. So, fixing that was not very easy and took up most of Saturday. Sunday I spent taking the course. I fully expect the next month to be full of the same type of wheel spinning activities as I pack up and clean every room in this house. This is sure to uncover lots of junk that's accumulated over the past four years. It probably won't turn out to be as bad a chore as I'm currently thinking, and I'm really hoping this time I'll throw some stuff out instead of repacking all this junk I never use. And when it is done, I'll be able to finally start looking ahead, and maybe think about doing something with my life. Yeah, not likely.

5 Comments:

Blogger Me said...

Am I out of the loop? Where are you moving to?

8:59 AM  
Blogger PlaysByEar said...

No, you're not. I'm not moving out of town, just to a different house/apt (yet to be determined), cause I can't afford to pay $1,200 + util every month (Roommate moved out last month) I suppose I could just find another roommate, but as my commute is roughly an hour each way, I think finding something closer to work would be the smart thing to do.

9:21 AM  
Blogger Me said...

a-ha.

8:16 PM  
Blogger boney said...

How about L.A.? - the commute will be about the same.

1:03 AM  
Blogger piannist said...

Or Boston!

10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home