Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Three Degrees of Separation

I have two wing entries and one automotive entry saved up at this point... but don't you want to read something completely different?

Tonight I found myself bored and with nothing* to do, so I decided to head out and play NTN trivia, something I haven't done at all in roughly a year and a half. I won a couple and lost a couple against my local competitors, but the highlight of the evening for me was finding out that one of the guys I was playing against knows Greg from Survivor I, who obviously knows Colleen from Survivor I (if you watched it you may remember they were close friends). She was one of my TV infatuations, and now I can say I know someone who knows someone who knows Colleen. I guess I could say that of anyone on the Survivor I cast, but I really don't care about the others, so what's the point. The theory of six degrees of seperation states that you are connected to anyone on the planet through an average of five intermediaries. So I consider myself halfway closer to knowing her! And it only took one short trip to a nearby bar. Think about that the next time you decide to spend your free evening hours home alone watching TV. You could be out there meeting someone you've always wanted to meet, or at least someone who knows someone who knows someone who you've always wanted to meet.

*by nothing I mean many things that I should do but don't want to do

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home