Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Turkey Trot Prep

Tonight I did a practice 5 miler to see if I had any chance of beating my Turkey Trot time from last year, which was 42:07.2 (8:25/M). I might have been in better shape last year, as I think I was still doing the BFL routine regularly. This year I have been running more, but not lifting at all. So I dunno. Last Saturday I ran 5 miles in 41 minutes, but it consisted of a planned 5K at Town Lake, followed by a long break under Mo-Pac, then another 1.9 miles.

Tonight I first looked at my Garmin at 25 minutes and change, which coincidently turned out to be at 5K, and wasn't discouraged. I looked at my watch again around 36 minutes, and I don't remember what the mileage said but after doing the math I almost stopped running because I didn't think I could make it. I must've done the math wrong though, because I finished in 41:27.

So, there's a decent chance I can beat my time on Thursday. The course is different, so who knows what difference that will make. I figure I'll run a little faster than practice since it's a race.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home