Monday, September 22, 2008

B.P.M.

I've known for awhile now that when my beer vs. exercise ratio got out of whack (i.e. too much beer, not any exercise) I end up feeling horrible physically and mentally, and also look bad and act (too) grumpy. This rut had been going on too long, so over a month ago I imposed a beer per mile rule on myself, and it has been working well so far. I went from running zero miles per day to 2-3 miles per day immediately, and my beer consumption fell off accordingly. I need to start lifting again and am in danger of settling into too slow a running speed, so I need to figure out how many beers to earn for a weight lifting workout and should probably modify the formula to account for speed. I've been saving up beer for ACL fest this weekend. See below for my progress.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Rafael said...

Drink Beer!

11:01 AM  
Blogger JT said...

I like the raw empiricism. And beer.

8:23 AM  
Blogger PlaysByEar said...

I will catch up on the beer this weekend (starting Friday), no doubt.

8:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home