Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Jerseys

I bought my first football jersey this past Christmas Day at the Dane County Regional Airport. Not surprisingly, it is mostly green and has a large number 4 on the front and back. I don't know why it took so long. It is obviously very important, as evidenced by the news stories below:

N.E. will honor teen who was jeered by Indy crowd before AFC title game
This is a great story. She's a HS freshman, not some idiot kid, so she knew what would happen when she wore a Patriots jersey to the Colts' stadium. The Patriots made a great play by inviting her and her family to the next game--that action makes the Colts' fans look classless for booing a 14 year old girl, even though booing anyone in a Patriots jersey is completely justifiable for them.

Father arrested for taping Packers jersey to son
This one I just don't get. It's not like the guy was duct taping a Seahawks or (God forbid) a Bears jersey to his kid. This is just an example of good parental discipline.


OK in this picture the crowd is obviously correctly uniformed and Foreman ISN'T, but it makes me wonder--what would've happened if there was going to be a game in Dallas this Sunday and I would've worn my jersey? Do the Cowboys have real fans, or would I have escaped relatively unharmed?

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Rafael said...

I say, unharmed

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home