Monday, January 14, 2008

Horns

I did end up seeing some music Saturday night, but it wasn't what I expected at all. I headed downtown around 11. I walked passed Mohawk, but they were in between bands. I stood outside Emo's and didn't particularly like what I heard. Went around the corner and there was a huge line for Emo's outdoor stage, not going to wait for that. The band at Emo's Lounge sounded pretty good but it looked a little too dead inside. So, I continued to wander. I wandered all the way down to the warehouse district, and just about when I was ready to give up, I walked passed Cedar St Courtyard and heard a pretty kick ass horn section. So, I went in and watched Mingo Fishtrap's last set. It turns out a soul/R&B band with a four-piece horn section was just what I was in the mood for. It reminded me how I once wished I had a band with a horn section where I could arrange some parts. That would be fun.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Barbara said...

Oh...Mingo Fishtrap is one of my absolute favorite bands...so fun!

5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home