Monday, October 29, 2007

Jury Duty

Everyone hates this I hear. But not me, I was looking forward to it. A day or maybe even a week away from work doing something different, and downtown too, which is great! So today I go down for jury selection, and there is a large pool of potential jurors so my chances aren't great for getting selected anyway. The judge tells us that we would've been selected for a bunch of grueling cases--armed robbery, a few aggravated assault cases (one involving a machete!) that would probably last all week. Great! The only problem is that everyone decided to plead guilty this morning, so--no trial. This means I get to go back to work in California for the rest of the week and next week. Ugh.

5 Comments:

Blogger Denise said...

Damn. I wonder if that will happen next Monday for me. Except that if I don't get selected I get to go to Philly.

8:43 AM  
Blogger PlaysByEar said...

Actually one of them just got postponed for some reason. So you may be in luck next week! (Assuming you were assigned to the same court)

9:24 PM  
Blogger Gagger said...

The last time I was called for jury duty, I brought my laptop, headphones and a movie to watch while I waited and waited and waited. Only to later be told that one guy was a no-show (warrant for his ass) and the other person pleaded.

3:04 PM  
Blogger Pittchick said...

Wow, you have 2 weeks of jury duty? It's only a day here. I hate it!

7:24 AM  
Blogger PlaysByEar said...

No, I have two weeks of work in CA. Jury duty only lasted an hour or so before we were dismissed. No big deal!

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home