Thursday, July 12, 2007

No! Dinner!

Yah--so instead of the usual "I'm feeling like I'm actually getting stuff done and finally making some progress, etc." that I get from these trips to CA, I'm more of the "everyone I work with is stupid, why am I wasting my life with this BS" kind of attitude. I blew off a vendor-mandated "let us buy your team an exotic dinner since you're paying us all this money anyway, oh, but we won't let you know until the last minute because of course you couldn't possibly have made other plans so why should that make any difference." This I will pay dearly for tomorrow with a lot of public "so where were you last night?" statements and probably a lot of private "why doesn't he want to spend EVEN MORE TIME with us after work?" thoughts.

For the record, I did my own thing tonight which did involve leaving the hotel room and having interesting conversations with people I've never met. I'm sure I had a better time than having some better than average Indian food and talking about work.

My vacation starts after work on Friday.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Jerri said...

Tell 'em you were getting laid. They'll find that acceptable!

5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home