Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Tale of Two Gigs

Unfortunately, Friday turned out much as I feared. We were hired for an older people's "dance club," and we apparently played too loud and too fast as we were repeatedly asked to turn down and play slower tunes. We weren't the most appropriate band for our audience, but they should have known better--whoever hired us had perused our set-lists and said they were fine. Their lack of enthusiasm combined with the inconvenient location and meager pay made this one of the suckiest gigs we've ever done. And I had to miss the Mad Cowboys too.

Saturday was unexpectedly a lot better. While we were playing at the same old place we always play, the crowd was more into it than usual, and their repeated demands for more cowbell caused me during one song to tour the whole place while playing it, which I haven't done in a long time.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Jerri said...

Now I have this mental picture of you going up to drunk people and ringing a cow bell in their ears.... but you aren't purple.

10:55 PM  
Blogger dayoldfish said...

I've got the fever and it can only be cured by more cowbell

10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home