Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Shopping

Something is really wrong when I feel like shopping--even when its for guy stuff. Last weekend I got in my head that I finally wanted to buy a flat screen TV (I've never bought a TV), an mp3 player (I have a cheap one but it annoys me), and a Roomba (because I want a clean[er] carpet but I don't want to vacuum).

I ended up buying a new comforter set and some 300 thread count sheets, so apparent things are not just wrong, they are horribly, horribly wrong.

If anyone has any recommendations, I'd like a TV somewhere between 20-30" with an ATSC tuner, a composite and an HDMI input, that looks good of course. The MP3 player is preferably flash based and doesn't have to have a ton of memory (1G is fine), with a good UI--and I'm tempted to get one with video capability. I will buy the cheapest price Roomba since mechanically they are all the same and, while the extra $ gives you more automation features such as auto-recharge and scheduling capabilites, since you have to clean it/empty it practically every time you use it, its true automation is severely restricted anyway.

6 Comments:

Blogger piannist said...

I LOVE my Roomba Red. It's like the dog we never had.
Did you check amazon for prices? They had deals on them all the time around the time I bought mine.

6:07 AM  
Blogger Chris Ash said...

On the mp3 player front, I can only advise that a video-capable player with 1gb or less of storage is a bad idea. 30-80gb is more reasonable if you'll be storing video, but then you aren't going to have a flash-based unit.

8:51 AM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Dude....it's not easy picking a comforter set...I spent like weeks and weeks shopping and countless online hours looking.

10:16 AM  
Blogger Rafael said...

Fry's has good deals on TVs. They had a 52 inch Mitsubishi HD LCD for $997 this past weekend. Check in the statesman on fridays and wednesdays for their best deals. For the mp3 player, get an iPod.

9:31 AM  
Blogger Pittchick said...

My husband recently bought a Creative Zen MP3 player. It's like an ipod, only better. I believe they make them in varying storage sizes.

4:19 PM  
Blogger Jerri said...

My son needs some jeans... you're hired.

12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home