Wednesday, January 03, 2007

I Can’t Get Enough Football

I knew it was getting bad sometime yesterday when I began to dread the upcoming long break between football seasons—and it’s not even the playoffs yet!  I didn’t watch any football Sunday afternoon but of course I watched the Packers kill the Bears Sunday night.  I have had this theory all season that Favre’s decision to stay next season would hinge on the Packers’ performance in their last game.  If they did well, Favre would be back.  Well, they did great so my guess is that he’ll be back.  I do feel a little unsure, however, since he was taking team pictures and teared up during an interview at the end of the game.
Wisconsin didn’t play great on Monday but they pulled off a win over Arkansas.  BBK ,you owe me a beer, at least, even though you left Sunday before we could finalize our bet!  I missed much of the Rose Bowl but I’m sure it was boring and Michigan was embarrassing.  I can’t believe Wisconsin lost to them.  I dozed off a little bit Monday evening but I woke up in time to see the entire second half and OT of the Fiesta Bowl.  What a crazy finish, I loved it!  I don’t get those people who don’t like trick plays.  They’re not against the rules... they are high risk so should be used sparingly, but that’s all up to the team.  They all worked for Boise State and it was fun to watch!  Last night I totally didn’t plan on it but watched much of the Orange Bowl.  I even watched it with a Wake Forest alum so that gave me a team to root for.  Wake Forest lost, but they hung in there for a long time.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Barbara said...

And you say that MY posts are boring? Sheesh.

1:05 PM  
Blogger PlaysByEar said...

Umm.. no, I believe YOU said your posts were boring. I was just agreeing with you.

1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home