Monday, May 19, 2008

Friday Free Gig

I was talked into playing a free gig for a friend of our guitar player's last Friday. We got free beer and food, and it was a really casual graduation party. We played for about an hour, and I wouldn't say the set or the crowd was all that spectacular. What was spectacular was that we got to use some of the equipment of the band before us, which meant I got to use a real guitar amp! Even better, we had originally set up to have both guitars go through the same amp, but the guy from the previous band helping us set up moved our lead guitar to an amp on the other side of the stage. This meant that I could hear myself really well and it sounded good too! I may have to move guitar amp above Nord keyboard and real analog keyboard on the list of music equipment to acquire. Any recommendations?

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Smut Mutt said...

Amps are for wussies, just pluck harder! Seriously, if you really don't have an amp - what the heck have you been using?

5:49 PM  
Blogger PlaysByEar said...

I have been using my 15 yr old PA amp (100W), my big PA (400W) as a monitor, and/or the club PA. Nothing has sounded as well or as clear as the guitar amp last Friday.

10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home